10 Ocak 2007

ANNABELL LEE...Edgar Allan POE

* * *
* * *
ANNABELL LEE

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABELL LEE;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
That to love by me.

I was a child and she was achild,
In this kngdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love which was more that love-
I and my ANNABELL LEE;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful ANNABELL LEE;
So that her highborn kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this highborn by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in heaven,
Whet envying her and me-
Yes!-that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my ANNABELL LEE.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful ANNABELL LEE.

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful ANNABELL LEE;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful ANNABELL LEE;
And so, all the night-tide,I like down by the side
Of my darling-my darling-my like and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

Edgar Allan POE
"
ANNABELL LEE

Senelerce senelerce evveldi
Bir deniz ülkesinde
Yaşayan bir kız vardı, bileceksiniz
İsmi Annabell Lee
Hiçbir şey düşünmezdi sevilmekten
Sevmekten başka beni.

O çocuk ben çocuk memleketimiz
O deniz ülkesiydi,
Sevdalı değil karasevdalıydık
Ben ve Annabell Lee
Göklerdeuçan melekler bile
Kıskanırdı bizi.

Bir gün işte bu yüzden göze geldi
O deniz ülkesinde,
Üşüdü rüzgârlarından bir bulutun
Güzelim Annabell Lee
Götürdüler el üstünde
Koyup gitteler beni,
Mezarı oradadır şimdi
O deniz ülkesinde.

Biz daha bahtiyardık meleklerden
Onlar kıskandı bizi,
Evet, bu yüzden (şahidimdir herkes ve o deniz ülkesi)
Bir gece bulutun rüzgârından
Üşüdü gitti Annabell Lee
Sevdadan yana, kim olursa olsun,
Yaşca başca ileri
Geçmezdi ki bizi,
Ne yedi kattaki melekler
Ne deniz dibi cinleri
Hiçbiri ayıramazdı beni senden
Güzelim Annabell Lee

Ay gelip ışır, hayalin erişir
Güzelim Annabell Lee
Bu yıldızlar gözlerin gibi parlar
Güzelim Annabell Lee
Orda gecelerim, uzanır beklerim
Sevgilim, sevgilim, hayatım, gelinim
Azgın sahildeki
Yattığın yerde seni.
Edgar Allan POE

Çeviren: Melih Cevdet Anday
"
ÇALIŞANLARIN
SORULARI/SORUNLAR
YILMAZ ŞİPAL
Yolun açak olsun...
50 yılını benimle paylaşan sevgili eşim Kumru Şipal
sonsuzluğa yolculuğa çıktı. Bu kaçınılmaz yolculukta
arkadaşlık etmesi için
en sevdiği şiiri
ona armağan ediyorum.
Güle güle sevgili Kumru.
Yolun açık olsun..
.


Cumhuriyet Gazetesi, 8 OCAK 2007

Derleyen Ayhan Görür

Hiç yorum yok: